Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Nervousness sets in....

The race is in 4 days and boy am I nervous!!

Next week at this time I will be able to say proudly that I have participated in the world's largest half-marathon and raised a chunk of change for a very worthy charity by doing so....Yay!

I'm sure if my cats could speak they would be telling everyone(not that they see many people in their day, but you know what i mean) that i have been waking up in the middle of the night from having silly dreams, bordering on silly nightmares, about forgetting to start the race, about getting lost in the sea of people (52,000 participants!!! And that's not including their on-lookers and other assorted hangers-on - Eeeek!), and last but not least... about it raining on my camera for 13.1 miles - this is England ya know! I wouldn't mind getting drenched myself, in fact i used to quite enjoy a nice jog in the rain, there was just something very satisfying about it. I will just be VERY upset if my camera went kaplooey and I lost all the photographic evidence from the day.

Anyway... thinking positively, and avoiding my cats judgements about my nervousness, I am going to eat a hearty but healthy carbo-filled dinner on Saturday and get a good nights rest (I'm crossing my fingers for no nightmarey-dreams!) and have myself a great Great North Run experience! And then i'll tell YOU all about it!

But maybe you'll be watching it yourself on the BBC or maybe catch snippets of it on the websites....here's one of the regional BBC sites that may have some coverage on the day:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/great_north_run/

:)

No comments: