Monday, April 06, 2009

Groceries arrive safe & sound...

Playing with scenic shots directly into the sun - sometimes they work really well in my opinion.

Don't know what she thought would happen - these birds wanted more food! Ha!



So, online grocery shopping gets a thumbs up from me! It went to plan, the dude arrived within the timeslot, he had a few substitutions which was fine & dandy, didn't have to pay any more for them. I got my stuff(which will last a loooong time), and I didn't break my back or pocketbook to do so.

But i did learn something, which was my own fault, but i know for next time not to choose the cheapest option automatically. I used one of those sites that help to point out if there is a cheaper option for something that you have put on your grocery list, and i had chosen a pre-packed bag of sweet potatoes(bear with me, there is a point to this!) which was like £1.70 for 1 Kg of small sweet potatoes(ie:one per meal), and this webpage helpfully pointed out that if i requested the sweet potatoes as loose veg instead i'd save .68p a Kg, or something like that. So, ever the penny-pincher, thinking i was getting a bargain i said, "yes please! Loose potatoes work for me!" and the punch line.....instead of getting a bag of about 8 individual meal-size sweet potatoes, i got 2 gianormous potatoes together weighing 1Kg! Ooops. They still taste great, but i have to eat LOTS of potato, ha!

But if that's my only complaint, well i think i'm on to something - online grocery buying is goodstuff!!

No comments: