Saturday, June 04, 2011

Make and Mend Market Deliciousness.....

(Biscotti from: www.poorgirlskitchen.co.uk/)
How much do I love Saturdays when the Make and Mend Market is on in Newcastle? Tons!

It means I can head straight over to the market after the Newcastle park run to grab some post-run refuelling treats, yep....refuelling. It may not be traditional refuelling snackage, but it does the trick. 

How can a scrumptious almond biscotti dipped in white chocolate not be a good option to get your energy back after a 5k?

(Fudge from: www.poorgirlskitchen.co.uk/)
 Or perhaps a heavenly piece of Almond & Sea Salt fudge(American-style)? Too good to not taste it straight away.

(Treats from: www.poorgirlskitchen.co.uk/)
And of course you have to think of the post-refuel-refuelling.....for once you've done your chores and snuck in a quick nap, and you need a lil' pick-me-up.

So why not have a Citrus Macaroon, Peanut Butter & White Chocolate, or Chocolate & Chilli cookie at the ready to accompany that mid-afternoon cuppa to pep you up?


(Cupcakes from: www.petlambpatisserie.com)
And then there is dessert to think about (or perhaps you just have a wicked sweet tooth that just makes you greedy like me!) and cupcakes always come in handy. 

It's too difficult to choose just one....so don't! I chose Elvis(choc chip & Banana cake w/ peanut butter frosting), Chocolate Chilli, and the boozy choice of a Guinness cupcake with Baileys frosting.

Now i'll just have to ensure I keep running so I can enjoy a good refuel!

1 comment:

StarriKnytes said...

What a delicious post! I've never heard of chili as a pastry ingredient how interesting is that?? Too bad you're in the UK I would love to try your fudge. Loved the post! <3