Saturday, July 19, 2008

Jog Attempt - yet again, but yay!

Well, long story short, i went jogging today for 15 minutes painfree!!

Wooooooooo! :)

Not sure if it's just cuz the length of the run was short? Or if the cross-training efforts on my part are actually helping? Or if the phase of the moon coupled with some other hokey-pokey-ness is somehow affecting my ability to jog? Whatever the reason, all i can say is a big loud YAY!

Ok, so 15 minutes ain't gonna get me around the half marathon in October, but considering i thought i may not get to run ever again due to pain/injury issues i'm pretty pleased. It's a little step towards my greater goal. And i definately want to cross the finish line of the Great North Run, but i also want to ensure i have a future of running beyond race day. I like running! So it's all an effort to get back to the bigger picture of becoming a runner(not an injured wanna-be runner).

Plus in line with that theory, i have a physio appointment this week, so hopefully that will help to focus on what i need to be doing to strengthen up or whatever it is that they tell you after their assessment. I'm still going to keep up my cross-training which is fun(loving the yoga!) and obviously a healthy choice no matter what the reason for it.

Anyhoooooo....... i'm off to do my weekend chores now, and also to bask in the glow of my happiness from my little 15 minutes this morning :)

No comments: