Monday, April 14, 2008

Morning best?

I’ve now come to the conclusion that I am best at morning runs. Yep. Best to run in the morning, nice and early before the day steals your energy. Get it out of the way, done & dusted. Tick it off the “To-Do” list.

I am referring to my long runs, not my piddly easy-run days which seem to only ever happen after work so they HAVE to be an evening thing. Mainly that is because I can not realistically see myself getting up at the crack o’ dawn to go running which would then mean I’d be a tired-runner-zombie for my whole work day….. that would not be fun!!!

Not that it’s an impossible task when it comes to an afternoon run, but I must say I perform so much better in the AM, and it’s a good thing that most races are in the morning. I bet they do that on purpose, there’s probably some scientific reasoning behind it too that I’ve just never heard/read about, hmmm….

But, on the flipside… after running on a Sunday morning I am then effectively too tired to do much else, so I don’t know which is worse…..running poorly in the late afternoon but having the first half of my Sunday to do other things, or running first thing Sunday morning and then vegetating for the rest of my Sunday until I crawl into the bed for an early night.

I guess it’s a choice all runners make: when to go on a run? Or maybe the tiredness goes away after a while and you magically can run fabulously at ANY time of day?? I’m crossing my fingers for that option!!


Humorous Pictures

And just a little kitty giggle for ya!!! Too funny!

No comments: