Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rhythm to run to.

I think I have found my inner rhythm, well … it’s my inner running rhythm at least. The recent runs that I have done listening to drum n’ bass tunes on my ipod have been extra enjoyable and the throbbing bass has kept my feet moving even when I really, really wanted to stop.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with it(Mom!) this genre of music is very bass-heavy(thumpy) and super dance-able in my humble opinion. So it easily can be used to pace a run, or just to give enough “Oomph” to keep going. It just felt like I was “dancing” along to the tunes, bopping to the bass and actually smiling - through the tiredness which was showing on my face, when one of my favourite songs came on. It really does help to urge me to keep on runnin’ and also makes me want to go dancing! Ha!

I’ve downloaded a friends podcast of his online DnB show that he does(Thanks Q!) and this provides 2 hours of tunes to run by which is excellent! So I’ll have a fresh source of pacing regularly from him, and then of course there is my own music library to select the most bassy tunes from and create a selection that will be my back up.

As long as my ipod battery is fully charged - as well as my energy level - I’ll be ready to hit the pavement!!

No comments: