Sunday, April 27, 2008

Peanut butter toast....

Peanut Butter toast, miracle cure for my fatigure?

I dunno, but it happened to be my choice for post-long-run refuelling snack yesterday and i felt pretty decent for the rest of the day..... having run 50mins(non-stop, yay!!) i was ready for a too-tired-to-do-anything day, but nope!

Ok, i'm not sure it was all due to the piece of multi-grain(crunchy with all sorts of seedy goodness)brown bread with a smear of peanut butter(also crunchy) on it, it could have been that i finally managed to re-hydrate correctly or was just having a fabulous day.....OR, it could've been the cold bath(albeit for like 30 seconds) that i had instead of my usual HOT bath.....yeah, yeah, i know, i finally read about it, it's bad for recovery if you have one too soon after running. Ack! Oh well. Out with the hot baths on running days. Pooh.

I'll have my hot bath today instead since it is my rest day after all! And hot baths sure are restful. :)

So perhaps paying closer attention to the particulars of what i eat will help in the long run.....it can't hurt?!

So as i type this i have some quinoa simmering away, and once it's done i'll have it with my lentil/zucchinni/eggplant/tomato saucy stew creation that i made earlier. i think that sounds pretty healthy, and considering it's all i have in the cupboards/fridge i think it will be great!

So anyway, thumbs up to peanut butter toast and i'm going to go eat my quinoa now.....

Toodles!

No comments: