Friday, May 23, 2008

Not a 13-minute Mile!

So, i don’t actually run a 13 minute mile after all!!! Woohoo!! How exciting to realize that i run a 10 ½/11 minute mile, and i’ll tell you how i know.....

Using a fascinating webpage, brought to my attention by a friend from work, called mapmyrun.co.uk which actually let’s you MAP & then calculate the distance of your run along your own local streets. By using this website, i found out that what is becoming my “everyday run” is actually a 4-mile route. I was pretty psyched at that fact since it was getting relatively “easy”, but NOT easy as you know it...there is an easiness scale in my mind of course, and if 10 is super-duper easy, then my route was becoming a 4 on the scale. Slowly and steadily getting a bit easier to run each time, and becoming much less intimidating to be out running for such a chunk of time.

After that mileage realization, i stopped paying attention to the fact that i wanted to run for 45 minutes as my goal, and decided to see just how long it takes me to run 4 miles. My time came in under 45 mins(depending on the day anywhere between 40-42 mins . It may seem silly to pay attention to the exact minute but it makes a difference, really!).

So yeah.....Yay me! I’m pretty proud of myself.

:)

No comments: