Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturdays & Rice Crispie treats!

I do like Saturdays, it's nice not to have to wake up early & go to work. Instead, i woke up early and went for a run, ha!

The run went well, i did my usual 4 mile run, and i'm really looking forward to the 10k "practice" race which is 2 weeks away(June 15th). I'm even starting to think about my pre-race routine, and my night-before meal, and what to put in my little backpack.

I've got my cheering section consisting of one enthusiastic boyfriend - who would be running it himself probably if it weren't a race JUST for woman, ha! I've got my co-runner who is also the colleague who co-hosted our bake sale, and let's cross our fingers for some good weather! The route is on the seaside and goes up & down the pier, so it'll be a nice scenic route at least.

So yeah, all is well on that front.

I did however, bake some rice crispie treats today because i had some marshmellows leftover from camping and what better way to use them up then to make something that is tasty and easy to make! So yeah, made them and proceeded to chow down on half the pan of them! Ha! They are super tasty! And sorta low-fat-ish?!

I'll be giving the rest of them away, fear not Mom!

:)

No comments: