Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June is here

So June is here, the month of my practice 10k race(looking forward to it!!), the month that you expect the weather to feel summery(ha!) and hopefully the month where i get my first race medal & t-shirt for completing my first race successfully!

And just to clarify, i am running the BUPA Great Womans Race 10k on Father's Day, but not for charity, i'm using it as a practice to get me used to running in an organized race(I've never done one before) and it's a nice halfway distance to what i need to aim for with my traininf for the race in October which i am running for charity, the big monster BUPA Great North Run.

So, after running a nice comfy women-only 3000 participant race in June, the HUGE, co-ed half marathon in October will be a bit scary, but hopefully i'll be much more prepared for it due to this practice run.

That's all from me for now!
:)

No comments: