Sunday, June 15, 2008

My first 10k COMPLETE!!!

Ok, after a week with a painful knee worrying that i might not get to participate in my first ever race....... we did it!!! My friend Emma(in orange) and I completed the Great Women's 10k Run this morning! It was fantastic!

The weather was nice, breezy & even had sunny patches. Our route was along the coast just outside of Sunderland and there was even a bit of the run on the sand(hard packed sand - HA! Can i just say "Ouch" sand is NO FUN to run on!) and a part of the race was along the pier.

All in all, it was a rather picturesque route and was a pleasant run aside from the painful twinges every now and then in my darn knee. I wore my brace thingy on it and that seemed to firm it up and allowed me to run the majority of the race. Altho i did have to stop twice cuz my knee hurt too much at certain points of the race.

So unfortunately, i didn't complete the race without stopping as i had originally hoped to do, but the fact that I got to complete the race at all made me happy!!

So it's been a great Sunday and it's Father's Day too, so Happy Dad's Day to my dad who has been a runner for as long as i can remember, so it's a nice day for me to complete my first race.
:)


ps... I had a brilliant cheerleading section which helped to keep me motivated (even tho i kept telling him to "go away" when he was taking the hideous photographic evidence - Ha!) So...a huge THANK YOU to the bestest cheerleader/photographer around!!!

No comments: