Saturday, June 07, 2008

Summer, oh my gosh?!

Well, could it be that summer has arrived, if only briefly, up here in Newcastle? Hmmm..... it's 66F and sunny and there's a light breeze and i turned a lovely shade of beet red when i went running this AM - that's a sure sign that it's summer!

I went for a run in my "race clothes" today, i tested out my outfit which i plan to wear next Sunday for the 10k practice run i'm doing. I was very proud of myself, i wore the new sleeveless running top i bought, and I even felt ok about it, ha!

Most people don't mind showing off their upper arms. Wearing sleeveless shirts is no big deal to them, but me, well....i have issues with certain items of clothing(like ones that show off lots of skin or are too snug, that kind of thing). But of course i want to be nice & comfy for race day so i decided to have a go at wearing a sleeveless running top.

It's not so bad! My armpits get to breathe, and my headphone wire didn't get all tangled up in my sleeves, so overall the sleeveless running top gets a thumbs up! I may even get a wee bit of a tan from showing more skin - but don't worry mom i use sunscreen so i probably WON'T get that tan after all - altho i do have a light farmers tan already......... must have been the days i forget to lather up, ooops!

No comments: