Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Updates...

Hedgehog update:

It is with heavy heart I update you on the cute, but injured, little hedgehog….. he did not make it – his injuries were far worse then they seemed and he was peacefully put to sleep for his own good by the vet. I had a tear in my eye when I heard that, but then I thought about how it could have been had we not brought him in and I felt comforted. I’d like to think that what we chose to do for him, by taking him to the vet, helped to end what could have been a painful and unpleasant last few moments in his little spikey life. I’m comforted in knowing the little hedgehog passed away peacefully in a warm & safe environment that was free from loud dangerous traffic and other obstacles which would only make his last moments on earth difficult & scary, rather then peaceful. So I hope he now is where ever it is that little hedgehogs dream of going when they leave this world.


Training Update:

It has been a frustrating week, my knee has been twinging up a storm which means I haven’t been able to do much exercise for fear of making it worse. Grrr! It was acting up even just walking around the office, so that wasn’t very promising. I had attempted to go for a lite jog mid-week last week but that was unpleasant and ended pretty quickly.

It’s feeling much better this week so far…..and my plan is to ease back into things. On the list for this week is: a yoga class, swimming and a stretching class, plus the cross training machine and stationary bike at the gym – how much gentler can I get?? Hopefully I’ll enjoy these activities but also get myself active again, heading towards the ability to do a nice jog in a couple of weeks, assuming the knee behaves itself.

I hate feeling like I’m “losing” my ability to run……. After all that hard work it’d be a shame to have to start from scratch when I have my goal looming only a few months away!


ps.....as i post this(i wrote it yesterday pre-yoga) i have actually already attended the yoga class which was great! Wow, it's bizarre how such a seemingly gentle activity can really push your limits....yes it's only the first time i tried it, but sheesh! Tough stuff! Yet, strangely fun!?!

My muscles were like: "Oh my....what are you doing...oooh...yeah.....wait, we like that.....more of that relaxing stuff...goood, good.... and a little more stretching of that please.....hmmm..... yes this is nice...... good stuff lady!"

No comments: