Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recovery Drinks & Robot Wars

Well, it was my first time using a recovery drink this past weekend(a tasty banana flavoured freebie that came with Runner's World magazine) and I'd say it was a good experience.

After the run (and drinking the recovery drink) I then spent the rest of the day galavanting around the Newcastle Science Festival Maker Faire.

I'd say the fact that I had plenty of energy to roam around all afternoon checking out fun things like a mini robot wars display was evidence of the recovery drink being a useful thing. Or, it could have been the extra shot latte from the 'buck that provided the much needed energy boost, either way I had a good day at the Maker Faire and contrary to popular belief, I didn't need to sneak off into a corner to grab a few winks.

So I may be trying a recovery drink again as part of my running routine in future. Now I just have to figure out which one...

No comments: