Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week Eight, Done & Dusted!


Breakfast: brown toast w/ peanut butter & honey
Temp: 46 F / 8 C
Weather: sunny(what is that again??) & clear
Time: 27:02
Number of times repeated 'Flux': only 2

So that's week eight of my Born to Run 10-week Challenge for Save the Children done & dusted! What an amazing morning too, where did this sun come from? I can hardly remember when it was this nice out... dry, crisply cold, clear & bright - ideal conditions for a run, I think you'll agree. Today would have been fantastic first run conditions for someone trying the parkrun for the very first time, and I hope it actually was for someone, somewhere!
Seems silly to discuss food intake, but it is what fuels our exercise so ... I was slightly worried about my change in breakfast foods (I was out of my usual oatcakes - which is just a type of healthy oat cracker for those of you not familiar with them....ahem, mom). I can happily say that I did not get a stitch today, but I was aware of the fact that I either peaked too soon, or perhaps just flat out ran out of energy, not sure how one knows the difference between the two really. Either way, I felt pretty drained during the last kilometer and a half compared to the rest of the run, but I was determined to keep my little footsies going and managed to do so thanks to good ol' Flux (gosh i'm obsessed!) and the other songs on my playlist doing their bit too. Maybe the above is actually a sign of breakfast failure, hmmm....
Speaking of being obsessed with certain music, I thought I'd include the list of songs from my '5K Vroom' playlist since they have helped me get my cupcake-loving self across the finish line each week for the past eight weeks. These songs are the priviledged few that made thefinal cut from all the ear candy in my itunes, so these ditties deserve a big pat on the back for their super-duper inspirational qualities......or they at least deserve a lil' mention on my blog, so i'm giving kudos where deserved.
So, in the order of play....here they are:
1. Only Girl In the World - Rihanna
2. Boom Boom Boom - The Outhere Brothers
3. Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal
4. Born Free - M.I.A.
5. Flux - Bloc Party
6. Like a G6 - Far East Movement
7. Superstylin' - Groove Armada
The above is roughly 28 minutes of tunage, and depending on when I've pressed play at the start the overall goal is to finish before the rather dragged out ending on Superstylin' actually ends(assuming I haven't pressed repeat on Flux, which throws off this timing). It's been pretty close a couple of times but luckily the ending just drags on and on and on.....

No comments: