Monday, April 18, 2011

Bacon Sandwich Delight

While at a wedding this weekend I experienced one of the most amazing bacon sandwiches that I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste.

The delightfully delicious bacon buns were brought out at exactly the right time. Just when you have realised that you need a little something to soak up the glass or two of crisp white wine you've had and to fuel you for the rest of the evening's celebrations .... cue bacon sandwiches, voila!

Vegetarians turn away now please......

White bread buns toasted to perfection, the bacony goodness grilled just right with a slathering of butter gently melting into the toasted bread and dallops of brown sauce adding a bit of zing.


One must be extra vigilant not to get the greasy drips of deliciousness on one’s wedding finery and it was definitely a two napkin job.  Mmmhmmm...can’t beat it!


These simple creations hit the spot and were extraordinarily tasty. Alas, I do not think I could possibly recreate this edible epiphany-causer with my own hands, so I’ll have to make do with the memory and a photo (always with a photo!).


Yum-yum.


No comments: